Job Interview Tips
At JAV IT we want to assist you in matching your application to an available position. The information below should be used as a guide when submitting your resume.
Include the following:
- Your name and contact details.
- Your education and training (include course title, academic institution, date of completion and where applicable, your grades).
- A summary of your technical skills and experience, ideally including details of the length of experience, rating of your skill and date last used.
- Your professional experience starting with your most recent employment. Include the month/year of commencement and termination for each position, the position title and a summary of the responsibilities and achievements for each role.
- Contact details for 3 recent references including your latest employer.
Your cover letter can also assist us to find you a suitable position. Include details such as:
- Job title and job number (if known)
- Whether you are interested in permanent or contract work
- Your availability
- Your expected level of remuneration
In your interview, a consultant will not only ask you questions to verify your technical knowledge and experience but will also ask you several behavioural questions to assess personal attributes such as your communication skills, aptitude for understanding business requirements, interest in ongoing learning and capacity for team work.
Prepare yourself for your interview by:
- Arriving on time.
- Dressing smartly.
- Being polite.
- Researching the organisation, its history, achievements and core business or purpose.
- Preparing at least two situations where you have demonstrated initiative, have achieved outside your role description, have worked as part of a team, used solid communication skills, had to influence others, motivated yourself or others, have adapted to change, or have solved a problem.
- Understanding your strengths and weaknesses and having a clear plan of where you are heading in your career.